A few points to ponder on this day of honor to our servicemen and women.
- The US Department of Veterans Affairs offers a link that lists the total of veterans in your state http://www.va.gov/vetdata/veteran_population.asp.
- Do show the correct protocol if you fly our flag: military flag code
- Don’t confuse Veterans Day with Memorial Day. Veterans Day honors those who are serving or have served and are still with us. Memorial Day is to remember and appreciate those servicemen and women who lost their lives, whether during service or retired.
- Do monitor your local, state and national legislators’ voting records on veterans’ issues.
- Do not support any legislator who supports war but not the veteran.
- Thank every veteran you see today, and every day. They serve our country by choice, and they deserve our gratitude.
To all veterans: thank you for your service.